Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up

I've got a lot on my mind lately. Most likely because I'm so bored at work. I worry that the boredom is eating my brain. By the time law school starts my brain will look like Swiss cheese.

Anyway, one of the things on my mind is my serious lack of motivation these days. I have fallen so far off the work out wagon recently that the wagon is over the hill and around the bend, and I'm going to have to chase it down to climb back on it.

Admittedly, I've had a lot going on the past couple of months, enough to knock anyone off their workout schedule. Between the LSAT, moving, and Earl's illness, it's been a lot. And then, last week I had a cold.

I finally started feeling better over the weekend and I told myself this was the week! This was the week I'd get back to the gym. But no matter how hard I try I cannot seem to get there. Every morning I tell myself I'll go after work and every evening I tell myself I'll go in the morning. It's gotten so that even I don't believe myself.

The kicker is, I know how good it will feel once I go. Endorphins are a wonderful thing. Unfortunately, at 5 am, endorphins aren't enough to get me out of my warm, cozy bed. So, perhaps if I put it in writing, on the internet, for all to see, I will finally get my lazy ass out of bed tomorrow morning and go to the freaking gym.


No comments:

Post a Comment